- He claimed to live a sinless life (John 8:46-47)
- He claimed to be the ONLY way to God (John 14:6)
- He claimed to have shared the glory of God in Heaven (John 1:1-5)
- He claimed to be able to forgive sins (Luke 5:20-21)
- He claimed to be able to give everlasting life (John 6:47)
- He claimed that he would die and come back to life (Luke 18:31-33)
- He claimed that he would return again to judge the world (Matthew 25:31-32)
How you respond to the claims of Jesus is the most import decision that you will ever have to make. Billions of people acknowledge Jesus as God and have bowed their knee to Him. To do this there are three key things:
You have to ask God to forgive you for all the things you have done wrong and turn from everything that you know is wrong in your life. That is what the Bible means by "repentance"
God never forces His way into our lives. You need to accept His gift and invite Him to come and live within you by His Spirit.
You believe that Jesus died for you on the cross. You need to thank Him for dying for you and for the offer of His free gifts of forgiveness, freedom, and His Spirit.
- Admit that you have sinned and need forgiveness.
- Believe that Jesus Christ had died for your sins.
- Accept His forgiveness and turn away from your sin.
- Receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, by faith.
"Oh God, I acknowledge that I have sinned against you. I am sorry for my sins, and I am willing to turn away from them. Thank you for dying on the cross for me and I accept your forgiveness of my sins. I now receive Jesus Christ as my Savior, and accept Him as Lord of my life. From this moment on, I will live for Him. In Jesus' name, Amen"
It is important that when you recieve Christ's love and forgiveness you tell someone about it as soon as possible.
Tell one or two close friends. It will help seal this of faith in your mind and heart. We would also love to hear from you.
You can e-mail us or give us a call.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | 907-479-4380